This module will help students to:
• Develop the necessary skills to be able to read and understand academic texts.
• Interpret the intention of the writer.
• Understand semantics, syntactic and cohesive devices which are essential for comprehending written material.
• Increase your awareness of different reading strategies employed by readers.
• Academic Reading will enable them to engage in a lifelong learning in their chosen discipline.
• Develop ability to demonstrate knowledge of the discipline in professional situations, task fulfilment and problem solving.