Majan college Internet facilities

Majan college Internet facilities

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 1

This is the message to the IT Department. Please try to do something on the internet. It is too slow in most of the computers i have been using. this wastes alot of time and bring frustration to most of us. We are tired of this problem and very soon we shall stop using such resources because they are almost useless to most of us.

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Majan college Internet facilities

by MOVE Team -

Hi Mohammed

Thanks for your feedback, and apologies for the problems you are experiencing. We understand your frustrations and are doing all we can to resolve the issue. The problem is, a major cause of the poor internet speed is beyond our control as it relates to the connection we receive from Omantel. We currently have the fastest ADSL connection they offer, but still it often doesn't give us the speed we need. Additionally, we find that the connection speed is constantly changing, sometimes it is fast, other times (as you have pointed out) it is unusably slow. We are currently monitoring the situation and within our constraints doing all we can to improve the service - we hope you experience an improvement over time. Please feel free to come and see myself (my office is next to the Dean's Office) or our IT Systems Manager (1st floor of A Block) if you have any further concerns.

Ian McNaught
Director of eLearning