A message from the Dean about online teaching

A message from the Dean about online teaching

by Dr. Maha Kobeil -
Number of replies: 0

Dear students,

The outbreak of the coronavirus COVID-19 is causing serious problems and disruption all over the world. Here in Oman we are fortunate that arrangements are being made by the government, under the wise leadership of His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tariq, to keep everyone safe and prevent the virus from spreading further. Thus,  it is no longer possible to have face-to-face classes in order to maintain social distancing. For this reason, students, lecturers, administrative staff and management should work together for the good of all.

These are very difficult times and I am extremely appreciative of all of you who, despite the current situation, have been attending online classes regularly. Thank you! I would also like to acknowledge the comments received from some of you that attending online classes is difficult or impossible because of Internet cost or Wi-Fi connectivity. Online teaching and learning is new to all of us and I am fully aware of your challenges but rest assured that I am on your side. By offering online classes, your College is trying its best to support you, to give you the chance to progress, and to complete your degrees or diplomas as planned. 

Your feedback through all electronic means helps as  we are constantly bringing in new initiatives that will improve your learning experience. Please keep sending your feedback, whether it is positive or negative. We read all of it and consider everything that you say. For example, during the past few days we telephoned more than 1,700 Majan students, taking the views of everyone we spoke to about online learning and the best ways to meet their needs. Based on your feedback improvements are put in place. 

As a country, Oman is united against the virus. As a College, Majan and its entire staff is committed to offering the best possible learning experience for its students despite the challenging situation. Let’s work together on both those goals. It will take extra effort from both students and staff, but let us all do our best so that, when the virus has been defeated, and classes return to normal, you  can say that you walked the extra mile, and that your academic success was never compromised.

I pray to Allah to protect all of you and your families and give you strength to face these difficult times. 

Allah Bless Oman and His Majesty the Sultan

Stay at Home, Stop the Spread and Stay Safe

Regards

Maha Kobeil
Dean of the College